Beltcomp Excel - Belt Conveyor Design Program
Beltcomp Excel is
a powerful computer software package introduced to enable materials handling
design engineers with
design and optimization based on ISO/DIN/IS. Beltcomp Excel is highly
dependable software to provide consistent, accurate and cost effective belt
conveyor designs. The program is based on versatile Microsoft Excel platform
backed by strong VBA so that it can use both Excel in-built strong features
and classical visual basic programming features. Since Excel is supported by
all the windows operating systems, the program has no barrier as far as
operating system is concerned. It requires only the Beltcomp Excel exe file,
one dll file (for machine identification) and one license file (for full
version) to be placed in same folder.
- No limitation of length and lift.
Can cater for complex conveyor geometry including uphill and downhill
- No limitation of number of drives
- In-built belt carrying capacity
- Calculates empty, full load and all
part load cases in single run and summarizes final data.
- Option for including/excluding
part-load cases in calculation.
- Options for including/excluding
hopper pull out forces.
- Easy geometry input using dropdown
list as much as possible.
- Auto motor selection or user input
- Option for starting time or fixed
- Option for braking time or braking
torque or no brake.
- Option for take-up: Fixed tension
gravity or automatic winch.
- Option for program default WK2
value of drive components or user input values.
- Option for auto belt selection or
user input from program belt list or user defined belt.
- Option for program default belt
factor of safety or userís choice factor of safety.
- Option for program default idler
selection or user defined idler.
- Option for program default
artificial friction factor or user defined idler artificial friction factor.
- Extensive checking of input
parameters and context sensitive help by messages to avoid user mistakes.
- Generates detail output and well
structured summary output.
- Identifies key cases responsible
for belt, motor and take-up tension selections in output summary.
- Calculates tensions for all points
of all cases and maximum tensions with percentage loading.
- Uses font color intelligently to
identify key tension and power figures in output.
- Calculates acceleration time for
all cases if startfactor is given as input. Conversely calculates
startfactor for all cases if starting time is given as input.
- Calculates braking time if braking
torque is given as input for all cases. Conversely Calculates braking torque
if braking time is given as input for all cases. Provides natural stopping
time for all cases.
- Calculates co-efficient of pulley
friction for all drive and brake pulleys for all cases.
- Shows brake down of all resistances
for all cases.
- Calculates system wk^2 for full
load running condition.
- Calculates backstop power required
to prevent roll back.
- Calculates minimum belt concave and
convex radius required at relevant points on carrying side.
- Can save successfully calculated
input data to a file (with extension bce), which can be opened from the
program for later use.
- Generates comprehensive tension
plot for six most common run cases using different colors showing point to
point belt tensions.
- Generates a rough profile sketch
based on conveyor geometry input.
- Can export input/output data to a
new excel file for further use by user and the summary sheet of that file
can be readily used for printing and submission.